You are hereGIS Education
WHAT IS GIS?
GIS (short for geographic information system) is an area of information technology that uses geography as the foundation for Problem Solving and Analysis.The Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) a commercial software developer and a leader in GIS has published a brief conceptual introduction to GIS. Please click here to view the Powerpoint Presentation by ESRI.
1) Teacher Training
2) GIS at EMU
- GIS Unergraduate Minor
- Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate for Professionals (GIS)
- Graduate Certificate for Educators (GIS)
- ICCARS: Investigating Climate Change and Remote Sensing (ICCARS)
- MYTC: Mayor's Youth Technology Corps - Creating Safe Communities through Information Technology Training in Homeland Security Applications
- VISIT: Virtual Immersion in Science Inquiry for Teachers Project
- WSA-GIS: Work/Site Alliance: Community-Based GIS Education
4) GIS Administrative Application
- Bus Rounting and Scheduling
- School Facility